How to file a complaint about a municipality's decision

According to section 56(1) of the Civil Registration System Act, you can complain to the Danish Ministry of Social Affairs and the Interior about a municipality’s decision within four weeks from receiving the decision.

You can complain if the municipality has refused to register you as a resident of Denmark in the CPR or if the municipality has registered you as having left Denmark in the CPR.

Your complaint must be submitted to the municipality, who will assess whether to change its decision. If the municipality maintains its decision, the municipality will forward the case to the Ministry. The municipality must inform you that you have four weeks, from receiving the decision, to submit your comments regarding the case to the Ministry.


Holbergsgade 6
1057 København K